Wednesday 8 July 2009

I thought you might like to see my holiday booty.

Although the hotel we stayed at in Thailand was in the middle of nowhere, my cute-stuff-radar was definitely fine tuned so I managed to get some good stuff!! Thailand is also fairly cheap so I got a lot for my money.

My absolute first love is shoes (think Imelda Marcos!!) and I managed to bag myself 2 lovely pairs of sandals. These I already posted a picture of, but in my eyes you can't even get enough pics of cute shoes!!...



And these pearly coral flowery beauties...



Down a back street in Hua Hin town we found (well actually it was Curly Boy who spotted it as I’ve managed to also fine time his cute-stuff-radar!) was a little shop full of handmade goodies.
The lady who owned the shop is a serious crafter - which she tells me is quite rare in Thailand - and she has even published her own crafting book.
We had a lovely chat, I admired some things that she showed me that she made for herself, and then I swept through the shop like a tornado!!
I got flower hair bobbles that will become something else at some point, and 2 zip pouches.



I got a Thai silk bed cover that I put it on my bed the first night I got home and the cats have already clicked it, so I have taken it off and pondering what else I can do with it…



Silk and cotton scarves….so soft….



And finally twig pens and coloured pencils!



Good eh??

6 comments: